Through a partnership with KINBER, Central PA HIMSS members can attend KINBERCON and technical workshops for free as space permits.
Contact Leslie Amorós, communications chair, HIMSS Central PA Chapter and vice president and senior consultant, Imprado, via email to secure your spot for the conference and/or workshops.
At KINBERCON 2018, you'll get two days to:
- Connect with fellow IT professionals, technology leaders, and innovators
- Learn from experts during the sessions, panels, and discussions ranging from cybersecurity, wireless networking, e-rate, the national broadband infrastructure plan, inclusivity initiatives, advanced networking, and more
- Win a perfSONAR node for your institution by visiting KINBER's end-to-end network performance booth
- Get inspired by keynote sessions from industry and academic leaders
- Network with peers, leaders, innovators, and experts in the field
The Tuesday April 24 conference program features over 24 sessions across four tracks on a range of relevant and timely topics such as Municipal Broadband, Cloud Services Adoption, Cybersecurity Training, Last Mile and Wireless, IPv6, perfSONAR, Healthcare and Information Management Systems, Big Data, GDPR, IoT, Internet2, Diversity in IT Leadership, advanced national network initiatives and much more.
Come see fellow HIMSS members speak on April 24:
Healthcare 2020: The Age of Digital Health, Cyber Security and Clinical Innovation.
This presentation will discuss the journey to Healthcare 2020 where Digital Health will prevail and drive the path to Clinical Innovation. The most pertinent aspects of this digital journey will be shared with the audience to include:
- Clinical Innovation and Social Re-engineering,
- The Telemedicine thrust in Pennsylvania and how broadband connectivity will enable success.
- Critical security controls for IT management.
- The Nuts and bolts of Cyber-Security from a hacker's vantage point.
- The audience will benefit from gaining an understanding of how to start or enhance an onsite security program.
The panel members will be the following:
William "Buddy" Gillespie, HCISPP, ITIL, President CPAHIMSS Chapter, HIT Consultant
Adam P. Kehler, B.C.SC, CISSP, Health Privacy and Security Consultant
Matt Leibey, CISSP, Enterprise Architect, Network and Network Security, Geisinger Medical Center
Thompson H. Boyd, III, M.D., FHIMSS, FACHE, FABQAUR, CHCQM, CPHM, CPHIMS, CHFP
Medical Director of Informatics - Physician Liaison
Hahnemann University Hospital
Don't miss these outstanding full-day and half-day technical workshops on Wednesday April 25:
- Cisco CyberThreat Response Clinic
- Leveraging Splunk to Support the NIST Cyber Security Framework (CSF)
- Strategic Planning with E-Rate for the Library of the Future
- BGP 101
- BGP 201
- Security on a Shoestring
- Fiber to the Edge: How Technology Connects Communities
- GDPR: Tomorrow's Compliance Challenges
- Securing Your Connected World: Cloud Friendly Security
Registration in a full-day or half-day workshop includes full conference admission on Tuesday April 24, all meals, and the Tuesday evening general reception.