About the Central Pensylvania Chapter of HIMSS
CPAHIMSS represents the Pennsylvania capital region and is one of more than 50 affiliated chapters of HIMSS, the largest health care information systems professional organization in the nation. Our chapter:
- Fosters professional growth, relationships, knowledge and collaboration among healthcare information management professionals.
- Presents educational seminars/conferences, networking opportunities, and a forum for the exchange of ideas among those committed to the goal of improving patient care through the effective use of information technology.
- Includes members from diverse backgrounds ranging from hospitals and clinic organizations, third-party payors, administrators, information technology systems vendors, consultants, management engineers, telecommunications professionals, physicians, nurse and medical informatics professionals, and essentially anyone interested in the trends of health care information and management systems.
- Leads health information technology advocacy efforts in Pennsylvania.
- Emphasizes workforce development and training, as CPAHIMSS was the second HIMSS chapter in the nation to have a HIT Workforce Development & Training Committee and the first to hold a statewide Workforce Development and Training conference.